Mutated Bunny - The Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mutated Bunny - The Forum.

Blatherings of humankind.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Determining the Rest of my Life

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iDigress
Hench-person
iDigress

Number of posts : 199
Localisation : Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Registration date : 2007-03-23

Determining the Rest of my Life Empty
PostSubject: Determining the Rest of my Life   Determining the Rest of my Life Icon_minitime2007-09-12, 17:28

When I graduated from high school last May, I thought I had it all figured out. I was going to go to college, be an accounting major, and make some decent money after graduating. Then I took some "Career and Self Exploration" class during spring semester. I decided to switch to a double-major of marketing and public relations. THAT sounded good to me, and I thought it was smooth sailing from there. Being part of the business program still, I was required to take Financial Accounting this semester. It's only been a couple of weeks, and I'm already falling back in love with the field. At CMU, you are REQUIRED to sign your major upon reaching 56 credits...And guess how many credits I'll have to my name at the end of the semester? *sigh*

What I decide is pretty much going to determine...oh, I don't know, how a lot of the rest of my life is going to turn out. Sure, I reallyyyy like accounting in class, but will I actually like it as a job? And to get the big bucks, will I be willing to move to and live in a major city? (not looking forward to that, since I'm a country girl at heart)

I'm just afraid of making all the wrong decisions at the age of 19...

Is anyone else having a quarter-life crisis?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rozelle13
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Number of posts : 1092
Registration date : 2006-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Determining the Rest of my Life   Determining the Rest of my Life Icon_minitime2007-09-13, 21:54

I can't say the same for myself.

In the field I'm in, there's so many choices I could take, and so many things I could branch out in to.
Lucky for me.

But as long as you stay strong beside your decisions, you should come out on top.
That is, if you decide to do what makes you happy.
As long as you're happy, you'll have nothing to regret.
Living life with no regrets is one major step in living a happy life.
Back to top Go down
iDigress
Hench-person
iDigress

PostSubject: Re: Determining the Rest of my Life   Determining the Rest of my Life Icon_minitime2007-09-13, 22:20

An accounting degree prepares you for pretty much every aspect of business...so I guess that would be the safer choice? I could always go into marketing with an accounting degree...

A representative speaker from Quicken Loans visited my class last year. She works for a loan business, but was was her degree? Apparel Merchandising and Design.

The more accounting work I do, though, the more I know I love it. And I just -get- it. Some people see the numbers and turn and run, screaming, but not me.

But you mean to tell me that you're cool with the idea that decisions you make as an 18 year old with little real-world experience are determining factors for the course of the rest of your life?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Number of posts : 1092
Registration date : 2006-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Determining the Rest of my Life   Determining the Rest of my Life Icon_minitime2007-09-13, 22:24

Yes, I am.

If I wasn't, I'd never be able to move on in life.

Regrets, many would there be to have.
Back to top Go down
iDigress
Hench-person
iDigress

PostSubject: Re: Determining the Rest of my Life   Determining the Rest of my Life Icon_minitime2007-09-13, 22:54

I guess I'm just afraid of dooming myself to a life I'll end up hating.

I would not be a very fun person to be around the rest of my life if that were the case.
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Number of posts : 1959
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Determining the Rest of my Life   Determining the Rest of my Life Icon_minitime2007-09-14, 14:14

Good thing about that is you can always change your mind. Even if you're 50 years old, you can still go back to school and become something different.

Dood, im not even in school. -.-' TT.TT I wish i was. At least you're doing something to further your education...-.-'
Back to top Go down
iDigress
Hench-person
iDigress

PostSubject: Re: Determining the Rest of my Life   Determining the Rest of my Life Icon_minitime2007-09-14, 15:59

I don't know how much I'd be doing if I wouldn't have been awarded the free money I'm getting. There's no way I could afford to take out a loan for the full cost of tuition and room and board for four years straight. College is so damn expensive...but at least Central's got a program where your freshman tuition rate is locked in for up to 5 years, so at least I don't hafta worry about the yearly hikes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Determining the Rest of my Life   Determining the Rest of my Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Determining the Rest of my Life
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mutated Bunny - The Forum. :: Intelligent conversation-
Jump to: