Mutated Bunny - The Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mutated Bunny - The Forum.

Blatherings of humankind.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rules for intelligent conversation

Go down 
+2
vashtspd
Lord_Gneo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Number of posts : 1092
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Rules for intelligent conversation Empty
PostSubject: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime2007-01-04, 13:24

It should be simple-this is a forum of intelligent conversation.

Therefore, please keep all stupid/random posts in the blathering section: That's what it's made for.

Also, repetitive swearing or intolerably vulgar language discredits intelligence, so keep them to a bare minimum.

Also, politics is always a touchy subject. Even if it starts out as a respectful argument, with a topic on politics, it can explode into a raging battle in just a couple posts.

And please stay away from religion as best as you can, it's mutated bunny forum policy to not force religion on others.

Example of an okay use of religion in a thread:

As a counter point to religious beliefs against the death penalty, discrediting catholic beliefs that the death penalty is not okay, because of the fact that it is stated in the bible, that if someone kills someone else, the murderer must be put to death, because he/she has killed an image of god, and the execution of the murderer is justified because of the fact that he/she has killed an image of god, so god turns his back on him/her.

But even at the end of that, that was like putting a fuse on a powder keg, so do your best to stay away from religion, and heated political arguments, and no forcing ideas on others, as if your ides are the only correct way of thinking, that close mindedness.

Any violation of these rules will prompt the deleting of the post, and depending on how severe the post was, more discipline from the admin.

But otherwise, I hope to see some of the most interesting INTELLIGENT conversations here, so have fun!

~Deller
Back to top Go down
vashtspd
Cool-type-person

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime2007-01-05, 22:31

Lord_Gneo wrote:

As a counter point to religious beliefs against the death penalty, discrediting catholic beliefs that the death penalty is not okay, because of the fact that it is stated in the bible, that if someone kills someone else, the murderer must be put to death, because he/she has killed an image of god, and the execution of the murderer is justified because of the fact that he/she has killed an image of god, so god turns his back on him/her.

The 5th commandment in more words...

I'm looking forward to inteligent conversations, I think this section has potential.
Back to top Go down
Gothic Teddy
Admin
Gothic Teddy

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime2007-01-11, 12:36

Also, about the religion, It may be possible to talk about, but only if it is simply discussing say the diferences between certain religions, or possibly a different veiw non existant from other religions. but NO ATTEMPTING TO CONVERT AND/OR PERSUADE ANYONE TO YOUR RELIGOUS VIEWS. that's the main point that I think should be pointed out. no one likes a greedy religious person. That's why theres been so many wars in Europe anyway ^^
Back to top Go down
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

PostSubject: Re: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime2007-01-11, 13:09

Yes, all of which falls into the "forcing ideas on others" category.
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Number of posts : 1959
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime2007-01-20, 00:23

Amendment numero uno: FREEDOM OF SPEECH!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

PostSubject: Re: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime2007-01-23, 13:00

Ying Fa wrote:
Amendment numero uno: FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

Mutated Bunny Amendment numero uno: OPRESS THOUGHTS AND JOO WILL BE BANNED!!!11!!! OMG TAT'S DA SUX!!!11!!!!1!!11
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

PostSubject: Re: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime2007-02-01, 16:23

...Question mark?
Back to top Go down
Giantmoogle
Hench-person
Giantmoogle

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime2007-02-01, 22:29

So is my non theistic hate speech kosher?
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

PostSubject: Re: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime2007-02-02, 09:52

....sure.
Back to top Go down
Mutatedbunny
Admin
Mutatedbunny

Number of posts : 644

PostSubject: Re: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime2007-02-09, 15:51

Kyler.
I'm not that much of a n00b.
If I typed like that I'd have to shoot myself.
And yes, I use banning as a tool, a convenient one at that.

And no, ther are cartain thoughts that need be opressed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mutatedbunny.com
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

PostSubject: Re: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime2007-02-16, 03:56

Okay, so there may be a few important all-around things that need to be opressed.

I'll hold you to that.
Back to top Go down
vashtspd
Cool-type-person

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime2007-02-17, 12:12

Mutatedbunny wrote:
Kyler.
I'm not that much of a n00b.
If I typed like that I'd have to shoot myself.
And yes, I use banning as a tool, a convenient one at that.

And no, ther are cartain thoughts that need be opressed.

I think that was directed at Deller.
Back to top Go down
Mutatedbunny
Admin
Mutatedbunny

Number of posts : 644

PostSubject: Re: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime2007-02-18, 12:38

Ah.
>.<
Ignore me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mutatedbunny.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules for intelligent conversation   Rules for intelligent conversation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules for intelligent conversation
Page 1 of 1