Mutated Bunny - The Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mutated Bunny - The Forum.

Blatherings of humankind.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is a PsP worth it?

Go down 
+3
Ying Fa
vashtspd
Lord_Gneo
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Number of posts : 1092
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-01-10, 13:23

I've been look'n at ipods, but the whole internal battery eventuly going kaput, and you can throw it away totlly turned me off.

Then I was looking at mp3 players.

Then I noticed that a PsP was around the same price as a good Mp3.

Is the PsP better?
Back to top Go down
vashtspd
Cool-type-person

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2006-11-07

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-01-10, 18:19

It's bigger and needs expensive memory cards, which add to the cost. The battery life nearly as good. And with iPods you can send them to Apple for a replacement battery for a cost (which I think happens about every 5 years, most people won't have an iPod for more then 10 years, so it's not a very big deal).

If you're wanting something to play your music, then get an mp3 player.
However, the PSP has a nice screen, wifi, and some games you would probably like. The PSP will work alright to play your music, but you'd be buying it more for it's other features. And then there's that whole putting-emulators-on-your-PSP thing, which, would be my only real reason for getting one.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-01-11, 08:27

Sweet.

I still can't decide.

How much are memory cards?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-01-18, 10:57

**** that.
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Number of posts : 1959
Registration date : 2006-11-22

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-01-20, 00:34

no no its not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Ladyshadowwolf
Nooblet
Ladyshadowwolf

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-01-23, 15:20

On the other hand. Look at the Nintendo DSs they're pretty nice. And they have a nice touch pad on the bottom screen. Mine's coming in on the 2nd if you want to look at one...
Back to top Go down
Gothic Teddy
Admin
Gothic Teddy

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-11-06

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-01-24, 11:51

PSP OWNS DS

and that's final.

psp's are smexy and even with what popular beleif is, they have some pretty good games out for it.

like metal gear ops.
gta
untold legends.
etc.
Back to top Go down
vashtspd
Cool-type-person

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2006-11-07

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-01-24, 15:57

Having seen both the PSP and DS, I'd say DS wins hands down in gaming. Sure the PSP has some good games, but the DS gets all the new weird ones. And it has a lot of great Nintendo titles behind it. Such as Zelda, Mario, etc. I bought The New Super Mario Bros and loved that game. I've beat it like...four times now. And collected every coin, level, and wallpaper. The physics are like...lubricated or something. So good. So smooth.

And if you want to play Phantom Hourglass, it sure isn't going to be on your PSP.

Butbutbut. I still like the PSP, better wifi functions, better screen resolution (although I think the DS would have more total pixels), customizable wallpapers, MP3 player, and-if you can get an old one or if they release new firmware-modding.

But you see, when I get a video game console I buy it to play my video games. Their are much better mp3 players, the wifi web browser on the PSP is extremely basic and hard to navigate, I don't care about different wallpapers when I'm scrolling through menus, better resolution doesn't=better gameplay, UMD discs only play on the PSP and it's like $15 for a very compressed video on a small screen. I searched "UMD PSP" on google and even PSPworld.com is giving up on the UMD. The format is made by Sony so only they can sell media for it, bastards. Same with the media sticks you have to buy. Check the weekly releases page, very little is being released anymore.

And have you seen the flash memory cards you can buy for your DS? They are freaking sweet. You buy a 4GB card, and then you put all of *your* DS games on it. One carterage. 4GB holds about 90-100 games.

And two more features I forgot to mention for the DS, a touch screen anddddd ALMOST NO LOADING TIMES. Since games are run from flash memory, their is virtually no loading. The PSP has long loading times. See: proof
Here's a link for a very sweet flash card for the DS: DS-Xtreme. It costs a lot, but put it this way: $200 for a PSP, plus $100 for a 4GB memory stick (if you're lucky)= $300

OR

$130 for a DS and $125 for a 4GB flash carterage = $280

And you'll save even more money since you don't have to purchase mor...."replace broken" games. And if you ever did break your game, you can just download a backup copy of your DS game. And most flash chips have support for FC, NES, SNES, GB, GBC, PCE, SEGA-MasterSystem and SEGA GameGear roms. Kick's the PSP's mod capabiltiy in the tookie Very Happy

In short, they are both good systems, but I choose the DS.
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Number of posts : 1959
Registration date : 2006-11-22

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-01-27, 15:54

.....NOT worth it.

At least, not in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
steve
Cool-type-person
steve

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-04-21

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-21, 15:10

The Psp is a fine example of another over prised sony product
Back to top Go down
samthedragon
Minion
samthedragon

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-21, 15:13

Oh sure pick on sony.. ¬_¬ everything is overpriced electronics wise, but back to the first post I would go for an mp3 player =/ not an ipod though... o_o
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybaanrit.com
steve
Cool-type-person
steve

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-21, 16:24

sams right, everyone pick on sony. if you want to listen to music on the go get an mp3 player, if you want to play entertaining games (not just big titles transformed into hand held slop) get a DS, if you want to watch movies on a screen that small i think theres something wrong with you.
Back to top Go down
samthedragon
Minion
samthedragon

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-21, 16:30

steve wrote:
sams right, everyone pick on sony.

Do you not understand the concept of sarcasm?
Back to top Go down
steve
Cool-type-person
steve

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-21, 16:37

samthedragon wrote:
steve wrote:

ofcourse i understand you were being sarcastic, i just hate sony more than microsoft
Back to top Go down
samthedragon
Minion
samthedragon

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-21, 16:38

steve wrote:
samthedragon wrote:
steve wrote:

ofcourse i understand you were being sarcastic, i just hate sony more than microsoft

¬_¬ take... that... back
Back to top Go down
steve
Cool-type-person
steve

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-21, 16:50

oh comeon they shove aload of unwanted stuff into all of their Consoles to bump up the price i just much prefere nintendos approach to things
Back to top Go down
samthedragon
Minion
samthedragon

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-21, 16:55

They just want their users to have fun with what they are paying a lot of money for
Back to top Go down
steve
Cool-type-person
steve

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-21, 17:00

i allready had a DVD player when i was considering the PS2 i could also play CDs and everything else it was offering (if there was anything O.o) just like i allready had an MP3 player before the PsP came out you may not know this about me but i dont like wasteing money
Back to top Go down
samthedragon
Minion
samthedragon

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-21, 17:21

Yes but I didnt have a DVD player in my room when PS2 came out and I also dont like wasting money.. so i bought it..
Back to top Go down
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-22, 03:28

I'll probably get a Mp3 player.
As far as sytems go, I already have a Ps2 and a modded Xbox.
Next system purchase=360.
Back to top Go down
steve
Cool-type-person
steve

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-22, 04:37

i get the feeling microsoft is going to concerntrait on online games so u should probly factor in xbox live to the price
Back to top Go down
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-24, 09:49

With Halo 3?
Fuck YES!!!
Back to top Go down
steve
Cool-type-person
steve

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-24, 11:11

i only played halo once and i think james kicked my ass, ban nutty nutter
Back to top Go down
samthedragon
Minion
samthedragon

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-24, 11:15

steve wrote:
i only played halo once and i think james kicked my ass, ban nutty nutter

¬_¬ you got confused with forums Steve?
Back to top Go down
steve
Cool-type-person
steve

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime2007-04-24, 11:20

you know it needed saying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is a PsP worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is a PsP worth it?   Is a PsP worth it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is a PsP worth it?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mutated Bunny - The Forum. :: Tech.-
Jump to: