Mutated Bunny - The Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mutated Bunny - The Forum.

Blatherings of humankind.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Teh bibl

Go down 
+4
Mutatedbunny
Lord_Gneo
Ying Fa
Giantmoogle
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mutatedbunny
Admin
Mutatedbunny

Number of posts : 644
Registration date : 2006-11-06

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-09, 15:22

Really though, there's no way of not proving the existance of a God. You can point out fallicies in the religious groups' gods, but you can't say that something doesn't exist because you can't prove it does, anyway if one does exist, who says that that god cares about humans, the human race has been self-centered all through history, and we've beleived that we're the center of eveything. Who's to say that we are important to an god, even if one does exist?
Both agnostic people and atheists have their poiunts, it just seems that agnostics think a little less concrete than atheists.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mutatedbunny.com
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Number of posts : 1092
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-09, 18:08

Very good point, Ms. Bunny.

How can you prove if something does not exist if you cannot prove it does in the first place?
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Number of posts : 1959
Registration date : 2006-11-22

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-09, 21:26

However, you cannot not prove God. You cant prove he's there, but you cant prove he's not.

And that is everybody's problem.
Back to top Go down
Giantmoogle
Hench-person
Giantmoogle

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-09, 22:14

Ying Fa wrote:
Hehe. I think it kinda sucks you can edit anyone's post. Its like plagerism. (kinda)

But, whatev. If he wants to suck at grammar and spelling, that's his loss.
Well, I just did it in the quote.
Back to top Go down
Giantmoogle
Hench-person
Giantmoogle

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-09, 23:06

Fuck...I just wrote a wall of text, but I got logged out....emo...
Back to top Go down
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-10, 10:22

Dude, that's lame.

But anyway, has this topic died yet?

Or are we gonna go on?
Back to top Go down
vashtspd
Cool-type-person

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2006-11-07

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-10, 14:12

Giantmoogle wrote:
Fuck...I just wrote a wall of text, but I got logged out....emo...

That happened to the original page and a half I wrote for the abortion thread a week ago. It was very depressing.
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-11, 09:55

Anou....

Does it ever say in the Bible how Eve's children reproduce? Does it ever explain everything they used to "condone" but now hate? Just doesnt make sense to me. I never went to church, and I've never read the Bible. My loss, i know. (kidding!) Mwuahah.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-11, 19:40

I honestly do not know...

It talks about a womans monthly period,

And how having sex with her during that time will make you ritually unclean,

But other than that, I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-13, 16:49

I thought that was the time men were supposed to have sex with a woman. (When they want to have a child.) Its the most fertile point, right? Hm, maybe I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-16, 03:51

Nope!

Do that, and you be cursed!
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-16, 14:44

What? That wasnt what i was saying at all.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-17, 09:59

That's because that's what I was saying.

You will become ritually unclean.

No buts, end of story.
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-17, 23:25

Naw. I dont believe it.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Gneo
Admin
Lord_Gneo

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-20, 00:08

Grrrrrr....I read it right out of the Bible!!!
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-20, 14:16

I still dont believe it.
Back to top Go down
Monty Mime
Nooblet
Monty Mime

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-02-23, 16:48

As a Catholic, my view on this is HIGHLY biased.

There is a lot of it I believe, but there's a lot I don't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/daedra123
samthedragon
Minion
samthedragon

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-04-17, 21:18

I don’t usually bring up me being a Christian but because no one is defending I feel the need to.

Giantmoogle wrote:
Lets start with the book of genisis. The creation story fails to mention dinosaurs and all forms of bacteria. It also makes several referances to giants and states that anything or any one that kills a human being must be killed, for we are supposedly created in god's image, so killing a human is a crime against god. That contradicts one of the ten commandments. Which number I don't recall, but it's thou shalt not kill. There are many more contradictions than that. Find them! Share them!

*sighs* what a fool that doesn’t know basic theology or Biblical history, its odd how you feel the need to start an argument over something you know nothing about.

"The creation story fails to mention dinosaurs and all forms of bacteria" - It does not need to, by the fact that it is here meant that it was created, and dinosaurs and bacteria are not mentioned specifically but would go under the other headings;

"20 And God said, Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky. 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth. 23 And there was evening, and there was morning- the fifth day. 24 And God said, Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind. And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good."

"It also makes several referances to giants" - If you are talking about David and Goliath then it obviously doesnt mean giant like we mean, it just means a big person.. the english language develops and mutates.

"states that anything or any one that kills a human being must be killed - verse me

"That contradicts one of the ten commandments. Which number I don't recall, but it's thou shalt not kill" - 6th commandment, and very importantly it is "Thou shalt not commit the act of murder"

"There are many more contradictions than that. Find them! Share them!" - give me some

Lord_Gneo wrote:
This is a topic that should not be talked about here.

It's just common sence.

I like to think I have some sence

Giantmoogle wrote:
So we shall allow them to believe that the earth is the center of the universe? I only point out things in the bible, I don't make things up. Besides, I'm discussing the subject, not burning them if they believe. They way I see it, modern christians as individuals can't be held accountable for the massacres by the the church, so we must destroy the church itself. We do that by taking away their base, the people. I don't care what sence of comfort people get from their religion, I will prove their religion to be false.

"So we shall allow them to believe that the earth is the center of the universe?" - How do you know it is not?

"modern christians as individuals can't be held accountable for the massacres by the the church, so we must destroy the church itself. We do that by taking away their base, the people. I don't care what sence of comfort people get from their religion, I will prove their religion to be false" - Right.. the church is made up of modern Christians.. by saying that you are actually accusing us for what has been done in the past and under the same argument nearly any organisation that has existed for over 300 years or so will also need to be got rid of. And forcing your non religion on people is just as bad as people forcing religion. You’re going to prove it to be false? You!? Out of all the millions of people that have failed before it is going to be you? Good luck but you can't force people to leave what they think to be true you better have some bloody good arguments!

Giantmoogle wrote:
And as far as the policy and pushing religion, I'm not pushing religion, I'm taring it down. As far as being fair, Christianity is (currently) the largest religion. Aftrer Christianity, I would think it would be islam. Jewdism is pretty small after their persicution by Christians in the dark ages (when the catholic church ran everything) and then by the Nazis, but they are the base of both islam and christianity. The old testament is the jewish portion and is mainly what I address, which effectivly challenges Jewdism, Christianity, and Islam. Btw, cutting your side burns is a sin. Your a naghty boy.

"Jewdism is pretty small after their persicution by Christians in the dark ages (when the catholic church ran everything)" - simply no to that statement.. There is no evidence that the Catholic Church set out to kill all Jews.

"The old testament is the jewish portion and is mainly what I address" - Some of the old testament is not Jewish and Islam does not accept most of it.

"cutting your side burns is a sin. Your a naghty boy." - It is not a sin, it was a rule that the Israelites had to follow is it not?

Giantmoogle wrote:
The flood mentioned in teh bibl has been shown to be a local flood, not a flood of the who world. I'd post more, but
I g2g.

That is a massive bit of bullshit right there... A flood is mentioned in hundreds of historical texts from all around the globe at about that time... Get some facts straight before "teaching me"

Giantmoogle wrote:
All right, if you guys don't want to debate on this forum, that's fine. I will take my bible quotes elseehere. Except this one.

BIG BIBLE VERSE

Have you read the verses around this or simply copied and pasted from a website? It is part of a prophecy which will happen that is explained in the rest of Deuteronomy 13.

Lord_Gneo wrote:
While I really don't care what people believe, the bibleis full of contradictions.

But hey, how else do you cover your ass nowadays?

Gimmi

Ying Fa wrote:
....some of what the bible says is completely unorthoodox. its funny. like, how the hell are Eve's kids supposed to continue the generation without boinking themselves? Then considering they were all boys, they'd have to boink their mom!

I mean, incest is wrong....oh no...even though God obviously wants to see some major son on mom action....*hangs head in shame* the bible is soooo fucked up.

Incest was not a sin till later on in Genesis... Before then we can assume that sex was just something that happened and needed to happen for the human race to continue. Also the fact that they are all boys might not be valid as the Bible does not always mention the women.

Giantmoogle wrote:
Says people lived hundreds of years, but began living much younger lives. That contradicts what fossil records say and I will take solid evidence over ancient myth.

There is no way of telling whether fossils are as old as that; carbon dating is useless after about the 2000 year mark.

Ying Fa wrote:
Naw. I just dont see how people can set their whole lives on a God that may or may not be there to hear them. It doesnt make common sense to me for them to pray and pray, and never get an answer, or if they do, they think its an act of God when its just a natural phenomenon. It seems like pointless living to me. I'm not going to pray to god to make my life, I'm gonna go out there and do it for myself, because I know that if i dont, no one else will.

I worship God because I know I am saved = ) I know I am saved because I have studied scripture and looked at the argument from as many sides as I can and know it to be truth. However if someone can come along one day and give me real evidence that what I believe is wrong and that something else is right I will change my stance.

Giantmoogle wrote:
You should work on punctuation, Cody. Anyways, I'm am firm in my belief that all things have an explanation. Should there be a life form that exists that is capable of making life (we will be soon), it wouldn't be a god, it would still be a living thing capable of being destroyed. Agnostics don't know what they believe. They have no firm stance on anything. Agnosticism is weak. Agnostics are weak. I have tried reasoning out the Christian side (since I was raised Lutheran, went to Sunday school, went through confirmation, and still get dragged to church every Sunday), but there was no logic. I refuse to believe a giant invisible man used his magic to create the universe. If you consider that to be possible, go right ahead, but stay in school. You need it.

Should there be a life form that exists that is capable of making life (we will be soon), it wouldn't be a god, it would still be a living thing capable of being destroyed. - We cannot create life... we can manipulate it, and if you follow a line back eventually you have to reach a being that has always been there... you have to, that’s logical.

I refuse to believe a giant invisible man used his magic to create the universe. If you consider that to be possible, go right ahead, but stay in school. You need it - It was not a man.. you need to study this book more before you try and take it on, and I have studied in school and university and would like to think I got good grades too so no I don’t need to set foot in a school ever again.

Ying Fa wrote:
I completely agree with you, Moogle. Its just....ludicrous. (I dont know if i spelled that right^^) But...i dont even really know how to describe it, its completely dumb. Idiotic and very very close-minded and naive of anybody to believe in this. Oi. It kinda makes me want to smack them in the head very hard. (Albert)

How very closed minded and violent of you
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybaanrit.com
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-04-18, 07:12

O bitch you are asking for it.

How close minded of YOU to not consider our ideas as well.This is intelligent conversation, not a 'lets call everyone ignorant' thread!

Fuck your God. What the fuck has he done for me? Nothing. So why should i waste my time worshipping someone who has yet to do anything in THIS day and age?

Fuck your ideals. YOU are close minded for disbelieving there may NOT be god out there for you.
Back to top Go down
samthedragon
Minion
samthedragon

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-04-18, 08:05

Ying Fa wrote:
O bitch you are asking for it.

How close minded of YOU to not consider our ideas as well.This is intelligent conversation, not a 'lets call everyone ignorant' thread!

Fuck your God. What the fuck has he done for me? Nothing. So why should i waste my time worshipping someone who has yet to do anything in THIS day and age?

Fuck your ideals. YOU are close minded for disbelieving there may NOT be god out there for you.

Have you even read all of my post? I said that if I find evidence to the contrary I would change my beliefs because it is not something that I want to get wrong, I am not closed minded I have looked though all the arguments given before because I explored them myself and till this point there has not been any real intelligent conversation, its just been people slagging off the Bible and getting side tracked every now and then.

"Fuck your God. What the fuck has he done for me? Nothing. So why should i waste my time worshipping someone who has yet to do anything in THIS day and age?" - How close minded of YOU to not consider my ideas as well.This is intelligent conversation, not a 'lets call everyone ignorant' thread!

"Fuck your ideals. YOU are close minded for disbelieving there may NOT be god out there for you." - I have already explored that possibility, I believed this for many many years but then I read the Bible on my own without any help from the church or anyone else, then I looked into how accurate it is, then on whether it could have been forged or changed until I found the Bible to be a very accurate account of what happened and found what it said to be true. I no longer believe that there is not a god because I feel like I know him... why did Giantmoogle not get any of this when he called my brothers ignorant and said that there is no god... why didn’t he get "YOU are closed minded for disbelieving there may be god out there for you"? Don’t call me closed minded because I am not, unlike others here I don’t care what other people believe as long as its not forced on me, I don’t try and convert people to Christianity and I wont push anyone into anything. I believe what I believe to be true (otherwise why believe it) and have explored it quite well... as I said it is not something I want to get wrong. I have read origin of the species, the Qu'ran, have studied many pagan religions and even now read what atheist utilitarian writers have to say about religion. (The God Delusion’s an interesting one… but a rival scientist then wrote The Dawkins Delusion which I suggest reading =p it’s a great laugh)
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-04-18, 08:49

You know what? I have a friend for you. His name is Albert. I'll hook you two up.

Other than that comment, i dont have the time or strength today to fight you.

I'm doing something worthwhile for my community today.

It is the Day of Silence. And you can bet your ass I'll fight your fucking god and his/her followers for our equality.
Back to top Go down
samthedragon
Minion
samthedragon

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-04-18, 08:56

Ying Fa wrote:
Other than that comment, i dont have the time or strength today to fight you.

I'm doing something worthwhile for my community today.

It is the Day of Silence. And you can bet your ass I'll fight your fucking god and his/her followers for our equality.

Why fight me? =/ Im just trying to defend here, and good for you =) I like helping out with things, gives me a nice rush ¬_¬ apart from when you are trying to teach kids how to play soccer and people try and attack you.. then its not quite as fun =p

And I support people fighting for equality worldwide, so no need to fight my "fucking god" and all "his/her followers", dont tar as all with one brush, I believe that everyone should have exactly the same rights and freedoms up until the point when they can not be trusted with them anymore (like being put in jail for a crime)
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-04-18, 10:02

i dont think religion should be as strongly enforced as it is now. it doesnt make any sense with all of the different beliefs we have. we should just let it be, and get along without needing to know who worships what.
Back to top Go down
samthedragon
Minion
samthedragon

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-04-18, 10:08

Ying Fa wrote:
i dont think religion should be as strongly enforced as it is now. it doesnt make any sense with all of the different beliefs we have. we should just let it be, and get along without needing to know who worships what.

I agree to an extent.. but as no one was defending mine and you were all ripping it appart I felt the need to comment ¬_¬
Back to top Go down
Ying Fa
Overlord
Ying Fa

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime2007-04-18, 21:27

we were not ripping, we were looking at it from an unbiased angle. (or trying to anyways)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Teh bibl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teh bibl   Teh bibl - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teh bibl
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mutated Bunny - The Forum. :: Intelligent conversation-
Jump to: